Pancetta just gives a rich full flavor to anything that you can use bacon for but with a bit less calories. It is an Italian cured pork belly. One serving of pancetta also contains no carbohydrates or sugars and no dietary fiber per serving. I thought of this because I love creamed spinach and quite frankly I was tired of the same sauce on spaghetti squash night so decided to indulge. I’ve seen some variations on this recipe but decided to do what I love. The richness that the spinach brought and the flavors of the garlic and wine coming together really made a difference.
- Serves 4
- 2 whole Spaghetti Squash/ halved, de-seeded and steamed
- 10 slices of Pancetta or 4oz diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 stick of real butter
- 12 oz frozen spinach drained and squeezed (the frozen really works best for this)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large garlic clove minced or 2tsp mince garlic in olive oil
- 1 Cup White Wine or 1 cup of Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup for topping
Need more direction? leave a comment, I have tons of tips to help you along the way.