My daughter wanted to learn how to make pesto. She said she had a craving and she was taking over dinner tonight. Assisted I assure you, but still her idea. I agreed and off we went to the garden. I have a small potted herb garden that is almost barren from all of the picking but it sure makes it easy when you need just that little something to perk up your dish. Herbs are so easy to take care and best of all you get to eat them after tending to them. We grabbed a hefty portion of basil and headed in. One thing we love in our homemade pesto is walnuts in place of pine nuts. I love the richness it brings with a subtle nutty flavor the pine nuts don’t seem to bring to the sauce. So tonight we are making a chicken pesto and rotini pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. But first we have to make the Pesto. Creamy and rich with the luscious texture of the olive oil and Parmesan cheese. I can’t wait!
This is a really simple dinner but tastes like it took hours. Rich but yet delicate it has a touch of everything I love pasta but not heavy a light ground chicken filling with white wine and spinach ragu. (you can use turkey as well which ever you prefer). The Capresé salad is a beautiful side offering your family or guests won’t soon forget with a basil lime vinaigrette you can find here. I hope you enjoy it too. Continue reading
For the Basil Lime Vinaigrette You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of packed fresh Basil or you can use Gourmet Garden Fresh organic herbs in a tube. I love these!! In this case you would need two heaping tablespoons.
- 1 TBS of the Gourmet Garden Fresh Basil ( Or add 1 more to the above measurement)
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 limes- juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 TBS of regular Helmann’s mayonnaise please I beg of you do not use Miracle whip as it’s not mayo.
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, just pop them right in
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper Continue reading
Saw the recipe for this fish on Pintrest and decided to change it up a bit and make it a little easier for me anyway lol I have no coordination and it went pretty well!! You will get three recipes in this post today!! Continue reading