I had these as an appetizer once in one of my favorite steak houses. Who am I kidding? They are all my favorites 🙂 . But they had so much flavor and I realized they had a dash of chipotle salt in them. Well lucky me, I was able to recreate that flavor in these with my Chipotle Falksalt. The infused flakes bring a subtle spiciness to the green beans and I really love that. They have an array of flavors to choose from such as lemon. lime, rosemary and garlic. Yes, I must confess; I love rich vibrant salts and these fit the bill! Oven baked and coated in Parmesan cheese. I used Parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs here because it gets so nice and crispy when baked and the lower the carbs, the better for me. It will mimic that crispy texture from breadcrumbs or panko just fine. So easy to make, so lets get started!
- One pound of fresh green beans (ends chopped off)
- 1 large egg, 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of Chipotle Falksalt (if you don’t have this you can use pink Himalayan salt and chipotle powder a 1-1 mix.
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil to coat sheet pan